During this time of Covid-19, the safety of our students, their families and our staff is of great importance at the CERTS Group. With the need for changing protocols and guidelines to stay in step with recommendations from the CDC and Health Department, we wanted to see how we were doing….so we sent our parents a survey asking for their feedback. Here is a sample of what our parents had to say:
Current Covid-19 Guidelines and Protocols
- Staff temperatures are taken each day at the beginning of shift. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher is sent home.
- Staff complete a questionnaire about symptoms each day as they begin their shift.
- Clinicians, teachers and staff wear masks in the classroom and in meetings.
- Initially we cancelled off campus and home visits. This was very difficult for our students and their parents. We have since re instituted visits in the area as well as home visits for some of our students. We follow strict protocols following a visit ensuring that students are tested for Covid-19 and then remain in quarantine until they receive a negative test result.
- New students are also tested prior to admission and are quarantined until they receive a negative test result.
- Our students are still participating in outdoor activities such as hiking. When away from campus our students are following social distancing guidelines and wearing masks.
- All of our programs are following their regular academic schedules and recreation schedules with modifications made to activities to ensure the safety of our students and staff.