“We are in this together–And we will get through this together”
– Antonio Guterros
Secretary-General of the United Nations
The CERTS Programs are excited to announce that we have started the process of Covid-19 vaccination! Most of our clinical, advising and academic team members have received the first of two vaccinations. Our mentoring staff has also been able to start with vaccinations as well. This process will continue in a few weeks when many will receive their second vaccination. We feel so fortunate that the state of Utah has considered our staff to be essential workers who have a higher priority to receive the vaccine. We are happy to be contributing to a healthy, safe and hopefully more “normal” 2021.
In the meantime, we will continue with the Covid-19 guidelines that we have successfully had in place at our programs throughout the pandemic:
- All students are encouraged to wear masks in the classrooms and when not in their bedrooms. All employees are required to wear masks.
- Social distancing is always encouraged.
- Frequent handwashing and disinfecting surfaces is just a way of life now.
- Newly admitting students are tested for Covid-19.
- Symptomatic and positive Covid-19 students are immediately quarantined as per CDC guidelines.
- Frequent tests are administered on all students and employees whenever we have encountered a positive case to quickly reduce further spread.
- If an employee tests positive, they immediately quarantine at home for the recommended 10-14 days before being cleared to return to work.
- Students have been able to seamlessly continue with their schooling and therapy through online platforms, even when in quarantine.
- Our off-campus activity options are always being adjusted as necessary, as dictated by local levels of outbreak and CDC recommendations. We have been able to continue with many of our adventure and recreation activities.
- Parent visits and home visits have enhanced testing and quarantining requirements to help increase the safety of everyone.
And With All of This….
The CERTS Programs–Kolob Canyon, La Europa Academy, Moonridge Academy and Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy–have been able to continue safely admitting new students, and we have had overwhelmingly positive feedback from our parents. None of us could have ever predicted the curve balls of Covid-19. We are excited for a healthier 2021!